Friday 2 March 2012

How The Contemptor Handled On The Table Top

Turn 3 cont.

Then the Termagaunts charged my Heavy Combat Squads and in the attack didn't really manage to do anything and my Marines took 4 of them out winning the combat and causing 4 more wounds. And then the Rippers charged to little effect I took out another base in that round of combat.



My Turn 3

I moved 2 of my Light Combat Squads forward one towards the Warriors to take them on and the other towards the Termagaunt assault, I moved the Contemptor Forward as well to shoot and charge one of the Zpanthropes. Shooting was okay, I fired my bolters at from one Squad at the Warriors taking another one down, the other Light Combat Squad fired at a Zoanthrope which was saved by it's invuneradle and my Contemptor moved towards one of the other Zoanthropes and fored it's Stormbolters again saved by the invulenrable save. Assault time. I charged my CM into the combat with the Hormagaunt, which finished that one off and then consolidated towrads the Warriors. And now the BIG SHOW the Contemptor Charged, rolling with 4 attacks as I'd taken it with 2 Close Combat Arms, 3 of the attacks hit causing 3 wounds and the Zoanthrope was removed from the board, the Contemptor then consolidated towards the Warriors.



The Heavy Bloter Squad did some more damage what was left of the Termagaunts with the help of the Light Combat Squad that I charged into that fight and the Missile Launcher team took out the last base of Rippers. The last Light Combat Squad charged the Warriors and the Prime and took out another 2 Warriors, leaving only the Prime.
My Lord and the remnet squads he was with charged the 2nd Zoanthrope and took it out as well, leaving the board as it appears below nad the 'nid player pulling out of the game leaving myself and the Orks facing off, but as it was late and the other 2 players had to get home we called it a night



What did I learn;
I was lucky that my mate playing the 'nids rolled really badly on his to hit rolls with the Zoanthropes, half his shots missed and of the others one glanced and the other penertrated but only caused a crew shaken result and it was both in the same turn so only stopped me using it for one turn. But it did draw the fire of 3 Zoanthropes for most of the game which cost much the same as the Contemptor did points wise, and then when I had charged it into combat, possible a little late in the game it munched it's way through the 'nids like a good un and caused my oponent to conseed defeat. should I of charged it into combat sooner? Proberly, but I know how bad my dice rolls have been in the past and held it back out of fear of loosing it to some bad dice rolling. My shooting was very good and my assaluts were stunning, how many times is a Marine player going to out number 'nids?, and I think I played really well considering, I would of loved to have carried on and taken on the Orks but it was getting late and we all had work the next day. So next time Orks.

No comments: