Saturday 6 July 2013

90% Completed Project; Deathwing Knights

So carring on from yesterdays single picture posting, I went home and put some effort into getting this squad finished so I could post it up today. Above is the first 3 of 5 finished and the shields, maces and arms with a Karak Stone base coat
Next up I unbagged 4 of 5 and base coated hime black nad added the screaming skull coat to the shields, maces and arms.
Then I unbagged 5 of 5 and gave the shileds and arms a wash with nuln oil and picked out the Angels with green apart from the Knights Masters shield which had a white roded angel. The maces have had the hand and grip dr drushed the same as the arms and the black has been finished.
4 and 5 of 5 with the a Karak Stone heavy dry brush and 1,2 and 3 of 5 with their shields.
Boltgun metal bry brushing done on the maces and screaming skull dry brush done on 4 and 5. I'd also gone over any screaming skull over spill with black and dry brushed that at the same time with the boltgun metal.
And here's it is assembled to about 90% along side my scratch built Belial and my Land Raider Crusader. Just need the Flail of the Unforgiven and some fancy shoulder pads for them.

1 comment:

Eric Wier said...

Wow, I love your use of those old dreadnoughts for the Knights, wonderful idea! It is exciting to see someone using such classic models. Also, they are an excellent size to go with the Knight maces. While I like the mace design, I feel they are just too big to go with normal terminators without looking comical. But they fit your Knights perfectly!