Wednesday 18 May 2011

Other Stuff

Okay so I've been a busy little this week posting photos of what I've done over the years now on here, still a few more to come, so keep your eyes open!

But for once this week I want to talk about some of my other gaming past times.

As mentioned I used to run a Vampire the Masquerade game for 6 years so I thought I'd go over some of the details of that long drawn out saga. We started this game because basically 2 of the players had a massive falling out and the Dark Ages Were Wolf game we where playing ground to a halt when one of the guys walked off in disgust and we chose to leave that game. As a change we went back to Vampire but did it as table top rather than Minds Eye this time. I'd borrowed the Transylvania Chronicles books and started to work out a story to get everyone together as one of the players could only think of doing a Roman Gladiator, while most of the others had at least some idea of what the time was like. The most annoying character was a Mongol Gangrel, as in Dark Ages Europe he stood out like a sour thumb, espically with the Outspoken Pagan Heretic flaw, we had to keep him away from the churchs. Next was a Ravnos who was actually played really well by Ronnie Morriss, one of the players that got married before the game ended after emergrating to Canada, the Galdiator was a La Sombra and we had an Assamite Assassin and my DPC who was a Mage, I borrowed the Mage The Ascension Book and the Dark Ages Mage book to get going with this guy, but to be honst I still think I wasn't playing him quite by the rules. Over time the story evolved from it's starting point into something bigger, much bigger. After the first book of the series I had the group approached by the Black Hand, as this seemed to be the easiest way to control them. And they had taken over the city that sat in the pass in Transilviana, and where asked to make it a neutral state for Vampires, neither Sabbat or Camerilla. This worked really well and had the advantage of giving me an in for new charactors and a bit of politics. Only a bit as most of the players where of the 'Hulk Smash Puny Human' mold.

No comments: