Friday 20 April 2012

Introducing...

Okay while I was so busy at work I'd taken the Dark Angels Codex in to read and while away a slow hour or 99, and what with getting a couple of games in and, you know, actually using the Contemptor for the first time. So far I've used it 3 times each time painted up in the Iron Warriors colours, so it didn't look right towering over the XIX in the wrong colours so in one of my few days off this last month I took some time out to re-paint it. I've chosen to keep the hazard flashes on the joints as I like the look of them, and just went over it in, and I did this before the paints got up dated, Kommando Khaki and then dry brushed over that with Bleached Bone and then a fine dry brush of humbrol white and Bleached Bone was added as well. I've also renamed it and keeping with the theme of the Border Reivers I had a look through the road atlas of The British Isles, and north of the Border there is a river called Blackadder Water, so with absolutely no hesitation I named the Contemptor Blackadder.

I've also decided to rename the XIX after having a discussion about Chapter names in the Dark Angels group on Facebook, and chose The Angels of the North, as they are based in the galactic and it fits with the back story I have for them

No comments: