Saturday 5 January 2013

Presents and Christmas WIP's

So here is my christmas hall, the 3 old Rhino based tanks are all going into The Lions Blades, the new Pred and the boxed stuff, which came from my dad are going into The Glorious 1000. AS I was out at my friends on the big day and had a sleep at work on Boxing day it took me a couple of days to get round to starting them. First thing I did was the Land Speeder Storm, as I've never built one before, and after reading about the Forge World MK1's coming at some point the next ones I get may well be going into The Lions Blades...
Here we have the Predator and the Land Speeder Storm yellowed. These where the forst models I'd used the new undercoat on, very thick, if my colours hadn't called for a black wash, note to self need more Nuln Oil, I would of been worried about how weak the yellow covered the undercoat.
This photo shows the Pred and the Storm alongside the Razorback, the Ironclad and the Stormtalon, I'm almost tempted to repaint the Stormtalon in an air camo so it fits better, with the Dread being an Ironclad, the Chapter colours fit as they wouldn't really be sneaking when storming an enemy held bastion. The base that Stormtalon flys above will be getting a desert paint job, as the guy I'd bought it off had already put some basing sand on it.
And while I was painting yellow inside, out in the yard the smurf tanks where getting a spray job. I'd had to break the turret off the Whirlwind and dig out the Tiger Turret I'd been using on my counts as mk1 conversion with blu taced heavy bolters on the side. It's not on in this photo.
So after doding the rain and working some more I was able to get them in and start on the detailing, being as lazy as I am I'm leaving these with just the black spray on them, rather than add another coat to them.
And here is my full completment of armour, only thing missing from this picture is my superheavy tank and the bikes
So I thought I'd dig it out and post a pic, as I've not even looked at it in months. The Rhino is to show the size of it. So what's next? Well the new Dark Angel Codex, some magnets and a base for my mortis dreadnought for this month, and that will be it as I need £60 plus train fare to take my kids to watch TNA at the MEN Areana on the 25th of January.

No comments: