Saturday 1 February 2014

Shortist Working Week In The Month And I Got Nothing Done

Not entirly true I got a game in on Wednesday, my Lions Blades and some wyld Eldar attacked a Hive Fleet and at 11pm when we stopped the game we were loosing to our hosts 'nids. In one memorable moment my 2x Twin Linked Autocannon Dreadnought was attacked by 2 Carniflexs, the dread lost the assult and was blown up, but the explosion took the last wound of one of the 'flex's, the low point was the Dark Shroud(I played the Vengence Speeder as a Shroud) only lasting 2 turns, but it did take 2 turns of shooting from 3 Zoanthropes and one turn of shooting from the Hive Tyrant. Our host was playing the last 'nid codex as he hasn't yet got the new one, but from my point of view they still get a lot of high wound, high toughness monsters creatures, whats the problem?
So I have 3 days off and I fully intend to get my Attack Bikes and bike painted up, photos up on Monday of this, I also intend to go over my Knights Of Blood project, I have 40 Marines + 1 Dreadnought + a Command Squad + my counts as Gabriel Seth ( him off of them Flesh Tearers Army) + my counts as Tiberos The Red Wake ( him off of that there Imperial Armour Forge World Badad War book and update from that there Forge World web site). As I like both of those character and what they bring to an army and both fit the impression of what The Knights Of Blood are as well(at least they do to my mind). I'm just wondering if I should re-paint the lightning claw terminators I have in The Lions Blades 1st Company as Knights Of Blood, or keep an eye on Ebay and pick up another squad of those, because Tiberos when taken, besides being your armies Warlord, allows you to take a single squad of lightning claw armed Terminators as troops.
I intend at some point to have a full Terminator Armoured 1st Company for The Lions Blades, even though I'll never play them all in a game at one time, wierdly I don't feel the need to get a full 2nd Company, I'll be happy to just flesh it out to 3 Squads of 6 bikes, 1 Attack Bike and the Land Speeder and both options for Sammael.
My next battle I intend to take The Glorious 1000 and to give them Cypher as well, to see how he runs in a game and as I have yet to try out the new Marine Codex on the table, might proxy some terminators as Centurions and see how grav guns work. That and I think one of my opponents was phishing to see if that army might be for sale.

No comments: