Saturday 26 October 2019

Björns Assemble

Alarms blaring, the engineering crew fled from the Warp Core area, when the expected ship destroying kaboom didn't come a brave volunteer was sent back in, his report over the vox made little sense, Björn The Fell Handed was on the bridge, not battling Warp spawn in the engine decks, but it wasn't just one Björn, it was 6, 5 encased in dreadnought armour and one in power armour. Once the onslaught was over the engineers had some assistance from a Magos who'd arrived in a blue box, and to strangers calling themselves Sapphire and Steel to fix the Rift caused by the defective Warp Core.
The first iteration of Björn, the metal version that would briefly become fine cast, before becoming the plastic version.
I've bought a few of these as it's a nice kit with plenty of bits.
The fat Albert version I did not long after the kit was first released. Also included is the Gregor Fell Hand.
There's a part of this that says it heresy to have made the old metal Venerable Dread into a Björn, and there a part of me that says it was herest that this wasn't done in the first place.
And the Contemptor, I used the Forge World Space Wolf Contemptor as the base and trawled ebay for bits so I want buying yet another Björn dreadnought kit. What's left? Only the Liviathon maybe, if I can find one of the Forge World Space Wolf Casterferrum dreads cheapish I can see me definitely adding one of those to the time line project.

No comments: