Okay yes, everyone hanging out of the hatches and someone hanging on the heavy stubber looks and is really stupid, but I'm okay with that, I didn't quite get the cuplas sat right on this one so will probably swap out the turrets when I build the next one, and will be buying some black spray to go over all of the sprues.
Okay when I started this build I felt nothing for the Rogal Dorn, it was just another thing that "had always been there" and it looked a bit wrong.
So what's changed?
Building it and having it in front of me. Seeing it I'm pretty sure it's inspired by one of mid war French Renault tanks, just up gunned and grim darkest with a hint of chibiness.
So why pink?
Here's why.
The Pink Panther Mk2 Land Rovers used by the SAS, because during dawn and dusk of a desert night this shade of pink produces the least silhouette. I was hoping the Willis Jeeps used had managed a colour photograph but it hadn't happened.
I gave it a base coat of screaming pink and then a crimson wash. When that was dry I gave the tracks a coat of black and then iron warrior, when that was dry I gave the tracks a wash of Mirky Mire.
I'm leaving this one at home as its a chonky girl so I'll be back on the Hippogriffs tonight, bringing my good brushes as I'm also starting the skirt for the tank riding Commissar Greaves.






No comments:
Post a Comment