Saturday 23 November 2013

Lord Cypher and 2 Conversions

I currently have 3 of these brilliant models, hard to believe that this is a 3rd ed mini. Of the 3 one is as Cypher for the Fallern, I use the rules for Dark Apostle for him as that seems to fit closest to how Cypher feels for me in the Chaos Marine Codex. The other 2 are both Sgts, one in Tactical Squad 6, my senior Tactical Squad and the latest addition is a Sarge in my Veteran Assault Squad. Yes I do keep my eye out on ebay for more Cyphers, I'm thinking of putting them in as Sgts for all squads (long term blue sky plan), so look for more of these posts in future. I like Cypher as a mini and as a Character, I like the hints that may well be loyal to the Throne but not to The Imperium and is willing to use Chaos against itself. In every warzone he goes to faith and loyalty are stronger after the war than before. This may also be part of the reason I like to play Dark Angels.

Photos- Cypher as you get him out of the blister pack
Cypher Conversion 1 alternate arms, guns and power pack
Painted 2nd Cypher Conversion took this one and asked for advice on power packs And all 3 of my Cyphers together

2 comments:

Team Albatross said...

These look like good conversions! If you thin out your paint in the future, you may find it easier to paint them. What kind of glue do you use?

Poxy Proxy Predator said...

I need to thin my washes I'll agree with you there, as to glue I generally use loktite gel or superglue, on plastic to plastic I use Reval's (model firm) own brand. Current have run out and as the guy that runs the local toy store is running if off a cliff I'm not getting any any time soon.