Monday 11 November 2013

Genesis of Project Titan

A big thanks to Warhammer Proxies for these 2 pics, the Italian conversion group I joined after getting an invite.
These 2 photos show the first 2 large scale Titans built by Tony Cotteral. As you can make out he's used half the shell over the cockpit of the ATST, where as my more modern ATST has a head that can be removed which has meant that I've kind of altered the design by using the full shell and I couldn't find what kit had been used to make the cockpit, so I used the Rhino. On my weapons I'm now planning on making a couple of guns, the Vulcan Mega Bolter and Turbo Laser for starters.
The 2nd model is the Saber Tank Destroyer, this was made from the bits left over from the orginal Spartan conversion that used half the Rhino hull on a Land Raider chassis, this kit used the Land Raider hull on the Rhino chassis with, I think, a pen as a gun barrel. Yes I am thinking of making of making this, I'll be looking to get an old Rhino hull and some small bore pipe to make the cannon. Will be on ebay after I finish this post to check out an old Rhino for this conversion.

No comments: