Sunday 1 December 2013

Speculation on The 1st Legion

Going back a bit here, but I do recall reading somewhere that The 1st Legion was split into 6 Wings and Deathwing WASN'T one of them. So from the Horus Heresy books we now that the Ravenwing was there at the time, so we have 1 named unit already. The next 2 are fairly straight forward, the Tactical Wing and Assault Wing, after some reading of the Forge World HH section Devastor squads aren't like they are now so I feel that a Devastor Wing isn't going to be there, but more embedded within the Tactical and Assault Wings. The Order were said to have a Seige Train, so I can see a Siege Wing as well as a tank wing being part of the Legion. Which is now, possibly, 5 Wings but more proberly 4 Wings. To my mind there would also be a training Wing which with the Raven, Tactical, Assault and Iron Wings gives us 5, but if the Iron Wing is spilt between Seige and Tank you have 6 Wings. Now all this is speculation based on my own point of view  and how I, who is no Lion, would organise a Legion.

No comments: