Wednesday 12 June 2019

Monthly Vow, 12th of June To The 12th Of July

Next month's plan is simple so far, 2nd Suppressor and Infiltrator squad, 2nd Primaris Captain and 2nd Shadowspire Lieutenant, after loosing 23 14 at the Rogue Games store in Leyland today I picked up a Harry Potter Unicorn and, for want of a better phrase, extremely dynamic Dumbledor, the flaming attach he uses in The Half Blood Prince,
as well as assembling one of the Death Seige tanks and seeing if I can fit an old Predator turret on it so it can be a counts as Vindicator or Predator for the guy that is buying the Conquest magazines off me and gives his son some tanks to play with, and lastly the heavy weapons need painting on the Star Leopards dreadnought as well. REVIEW TIME NOTE the order is going to be off this time. First up was the Shadowspire Master of possession, I honestly think that this and the Librarian from this set are 2 of the best minis I've put together and painted, and this Master of possession is one of the best minis I've done as well.
Next up I did the first of the Eliminators, I'd liked the way the robe looked on the Master and I wanted it carry it on, and make sure it worked, also it provides a major contrast to the black armour on the Primaris.
As a break from the marines I did something for Dread Tober by using the Space Crusade tarantula las cannons as alternative weapons on a Mortis Casterferrum dread.
I also tried the helmeted head from the Eliminator on the Phobos captain to see how it looked as well as getting the event Lieutenant painted up as well, it's a minor conversion with the head turned the other way and a second holster added as most of the time he'll have bolt pistol and plasma pistol.
Then I finished off the first B sprue with the Suppressor and Infiltrators as well as an old metal marine that's being run as a Lieutenant.
I clipped out the other 2 Eliminatorsfrom the B and A sprues and painted those up to get one full squad.
The Lieutenant but I hadn't realised I'd left the glide vanes and scabbard on the other side of the sprue so he got paused while I remembered those 2 small parts.
And done.
Then came the second B sprue.
Followed by what was left of the A sprue.
Somewhere I slipped in the second 3 Eliminators but I missed them in the photos.
I then did the first of the Conquest magazine captains for the Star Leopards.
Before I played around with the heavy weapon pack for the old style dread, each weapon comes with its own mount point that fits into the shoulders and as I'd already magnetised the arms I was able to trim down the mounts and file them smooth before gluing a 5mmx1mm onto each one so it can be swopped around.

No comments: