Wednesday 6 March 2024

Something different

 Yesterday nothing hobby wise got done as I was baking, Monday I reached a life time goal of over 100 Terminators, that post goes up next, this is a baking post.



So yesterday was oldest child's birthday and I decided to bake them a cake for a change and to save at least £80, as the last one I'd bought last year was £75 and I can't imagine it being less. With the money saved I made these dairy free lime drizzle muffins 
225 g of caster sugar 
225g of Unsalted flora dairy free butter 
4 eggs 
225 g of self raising flour
Zest of 1 lime 
Juice of 2 limes
85g caster sugar 
The only changes from the BBC Good Food recipe was the none dairy butter and lime. I've been told these are good, as I only got a chunk of one. 






The big lemon drizzle cake. 

225g caster sugar x2 

225g Unsalted butter x2 

4 eggs x2

225g self raising flour x2 

Zest of lemon x2

Juice of 1 lemon

85g of caster sugar 

No change from the BBC Good Food recipe or process on these, I just did everything twice to get the layers. 

Cut the raised area off one layer to get a flat surface, added some frosting to the middle, then drizzled the lemon sugar over the top. 

I did try this one after I'd dropped it off at their place and it was really good with a nice lemony kick. 

Next one is a Victoria sponge for Saturday. 


No comments: