Friday 14 April 2023

Monthly Vow 12th Of April To The 12th Of May

 


10 Terminators and 10 Intercessors and Azreal, I'm okay with that. I'm struggling to get my hands on The Lion, my usual store are only going to get 5 copies and better customers than I am have requested those. I'm going to try the website on Saturday and if, as I expect will happen, I miss it, I'm going to have to resort to travelling around the North West of England looking for a box, probably Wigan first, then Bolton, then Preston, mostly because the Wigan to Bolton bus stops at the same stop that's meters from the Wigan GW store, that I'd be using to get home.

So plans for next month...

Well while I had the Terminators box out to base line my collection I have 75 Terminators in various types of armour, 15 Blade Guard Veterans with 6 more to build here which will take me to 94, then if I'm lucky and get what I'm after on Saturday I'll have 3 more Blade Guard Veterans, taking me to 99,and with the revamped 10th ed Terminators that I want 5 to make the Knights with and 5 more to replace 5 scratch builds I'm using will take me to over a 100 strong First Company. I'm tacking that on to my yearly target. 

There's also the heavy Intercessors, the missile marines and the Brutalis dread to build, Warhammer Fest to attend and it's ever shifting shopping list, which I can start firming up this Saturday if I can get The Lion on pre-order. 

Okay firm to do list (subject to change) 

6 Blade Guard Veterans 

5 Heavy Intercessors 

10 Missile Marines

Brutalis Dreadnought, it's a coin toss if this will be the start of the Blood Angels Dreadnought army or going into the The Lion's Blades. 


Review Time. 




The first thing in the monthly challenge was a Facebook group challenge to paint a yellow miniature. I used a Phobos Lieutenant and got zero votes... 




Next up was this little guy, I used several washes of the crimson wash in an effort to get the look of the Watchers on The Lion's base.



Next up was a practice for Azrael and The Lion, I used various metallic paints as a base, then used black templar contrast, trying to get a look like the Lion's armour. This one failed.




Next up was another practice attempt for The Lion, this time I used a Dark Angels green base coat with 3 getting a a black templar contrast and 3 nuln oil washes. They were all given a Dark Angels green high light. This wasn't quite right either.



There isn't a plan for this squad, it'll be used to fill any gaps in squads that have been damaged in storage, when I can get the 5th Company box out for a proper check.






Having picked up my half of the Soul Forge King box I had a squad of Indomitus Terminators and 4 Tartarus Terminators got added to my 1st Company 


I touched up the Cataphractii bases, forgetting to get a photo of them, used one of the spare heads to fix the missing head on the Indomitus pattern here, the Tartarus with the sword is now a strike master, this will be worked on at a later point, I frankly need to absord the entry in the codex as when I got it, I just ignored this option.


This was the point I realised I am so close to having a full first Company. With the new Terminators I want to get 10, 5 to turn into Deathwing Knights and 5 to replace a scratch built squad. Unsure if I'll pick up the Horus Heresy pattern Indomitus Terminators unless it's new sculpts.



And last but by no means least we have Primaris Azrael. 

The robes had a Coelia Greenshade wash treatment as did the banner. 





So after I thought I'd finished it, I found the photo of the 2020 conversion and I definitely got the banner right on the old one, but it was easier to see the details on the metal version. 

No comments: