After I'd chilled and had my day at the cinema and eaten a forgettable Nandos and a really good Mexican I got the boxes of tanks open as I'd taken the opportunity to grab some more satin black and plastic primer spray paints while out picking up something for next years project.
So this morning the main plan was to get things sprayed, 2 of the Dorns are black and one is grey, as one is for the next army.
The 4 Hippogriffs are all black as are the 4 remaining Centaurs, as I was running out of the black some of the sprues ended up being grey primer instead of black.
I put sprues in separate boxes, so 2Dorns are in one tank battalion box, with the part grey one in the A M combat patrol box. The 4 Hippogriffs are all in one box, as are the 4 Centaurs and 2 A M squad sprues.
I also got my assembled Guard out to have a proper look at it and make a decision.
For the Centaur Riders I've got a Orrlock heavy weapon team I'm going mount in the low sided Centaur, and 2 squads of mixed Orrlock and A M minis.
Plan A for tomorrow is to build as many of the Escher Gang as I can to make 30 to mount in the RSVs.
What's left?
30 A M troops, 3 Las Cannon Teams, 2 Morter Teams and 10 Tempestus Scions.
So what do I need to do here?
Okay I think I need to add another Squad to this second bit and move some minis around to add some variety, they're are a few more Orrlocks left on sprue, including a couple of the jump pack prospects, I might have a look on ebay at the Tempestus Aquilions to make up a squad as well as a 3rd Morter team, I'm sure I've got a Morter somewhere I can use for this. To finish this I'll need a command squad and after my mate joked about 60 grots, the super heavy with the Vulcan mega bolter on it. Seeing what I have that just needs a touch up is pretty good, I'll have a platoon, if I don't already, with some options. I'm still blue sky thinking of a Thunderbolt fighter and a couple/3 maybe 4 Valkyries for a Tempestus Scion platoon.
That last bit is probably going to stay blue sky & nebulos until the Codex gets updated.
So remains of the year;
Tank Battalion
Tank Riders
Support Formation + super heavy.
A M Combat Patrol with Dorn and sentinel.
Genestealer cult combat patrol with Malcador tank and I'll add the 2 Orrlock quad bikes here as well after a repaint, they'll fit in with the Attalan Jakhals.
If that's done it'll be looking at what I want for the Exodites next



No comments:
Post a Comment