This turned into a plans for 2027 post, it was supposed to be a whinge about the new Astartes codex.
Well it's not a drill, 19th of September is the preorder release for Codex Astartes and it's just the book and the cards that I'm putting an order in for.
Some of it is wanting to get the Tea Making Devision finished before I start another project, which includes the Boogers and the Power and Water, part of that is I think I'm Astartes out, I've got everything I want and it is just waiting for the assault terminators to drop again. I very much have what I want, I'm just waiting for the Dark Angels Suppliment to arrive, with the rumours around a Ravenwing box set and updates to Samuel and his Jet bike, that I'm fingers crossed for.
There's no point me buying the Captain on a bike if my Dark Angels can't use it, maybe they should have done a LT on a bike.
As to the Outriders, again I'm good, I've got 3 squads of 6 bikers with 3 go carts, well 2 ATVs and a Ridge Runner, and 3 of the new Land Speeders in a box ready to be built and make use of any Ravenwing upgrade bits that are released around this time, if that happens of course. Which is all 2027.
And then there's the Exodites, plans are still a mix of pen and pencils here,
What's In Pen;
I did buy a box of Warp Spiders the other week to go with the Phoenix Lord, another firm plan is 3 full squads of Dire Avengers and I need some support weapon platforms for the Guardian squads, for some reason I have 60, I don't remember which edition of the Codex had a 20 strong Guardian Defender Squad. The Wraith Lords I'm happy with, so currently no plans to buy more.
I'm still using Incubi for my Striking Scorpions and will be adding Khahandras when he gets a glo up.
There's about 10 Death Jester's I was using as Shadow Spectors but might switch them to Dark Reapers, I've already got a Mugan Ra already.
What's in Pencil;
I'm thinking of using Sylvaneth as Wraith Guard, I could do with a side by side to help me decide or I go expensive, now I've paid the mortgage off, buy the Wraith Guard and some of the tree elves and repeat what I did with the Lords.
Dragon Riders.
At least 3 boxes, 2 built as Dragon Knights and one as the 3 characters it can make.
I was using Wood Elf way watchers as Rangers, a choice I was happy with, even if they are a little on the short side now, I do have a few Rangers in the Eldar project box from different eras so could repurpose those for this.
Aspect Warriors.
Fire Dragons - don't know yet.
Swooping Hawks - probably, just 10
Howling Banshees - 1 full squad, I mean Cru Ella De Vile does need a squad.
Jet Bikes. - probably the ranger bikes.




No comments:
Post a Comment