Tuesday, 8 September 2026

Monthly Vow August to September 12th

 



I've managed to get all the tanks built, I've got 2 squadron colours sorted, black and 2 tones of grey and white and Tau Oche, just need to decide on the 3rd. I'll have the squads sorted size wise at the very least and the Rogal Dorns are going pink.

The last weekend in August I picked up a Storm Lord and upgrade sprue and other store anniversary stuff from Wigan.

Need to build the heavy weapons teams for Boogers, they needed a Morter team and some 2 sets of gunners for the Las cannon team. The Pink Centaurs, Panther and Porcupine had their guns magnetised and crew.

Some Tech Priest Enginseers are ordered and on their way, not sure when they'll land, as is a Command Squad. 

First week of September I got the Pink Panda and Pangolin built and started painting the Panda as well as the crew.

To Do;

Finish Commissar Greaves on Centaur and on Foot.

Okay so objectives for September to October, get most of this army painted. I've booked myself to cook for the a birthday in September so that's one day I'm not painting but I should have most of this army, 30 troops on foot, 4 Gunners, 1 or 2 special weapons troops, 4 Hippogriffs, 5 Centaurs and 2 Dorns and a Leman Russ Vanquisher done by October. 


Review Time. 




The first part of the month I didn't get much time to myself so just got these 4 built. When it comes to painting I'm planning to have them match the Hippogriffs so they match, each of the 3 squads has a base rim to match one of the colours on the tank.


I'd ordered 3 of these from ebay as they're cheaper than waiting for the separate release and I'm pretty sure 3 will be what I need for now, if I need more I can add a another big one.

No photo of these as they're on sprue waiting for news of the Ravenwing update. Will probably get the Dark Talon built as well at the same time, just to watch it go to legends, alongside the Nephilim Jet Fighter. 






I didn't get the 4 Hippogriffs photographed as I glossed over that in my head, by the magic of edits the photos of part assembled and unpainted Hippogriffs will be added later. 







The back 2 guns are getting Greave's gunners while number 3 forward is linked to the driver, in this case the gatling cannon is a counts as Heavy Stubber.

Again by the magic of edits the magnetised versions will be added later, the forward guns are going to be blue tacked in place.



As I was making the big guns I got the 2 heavy weapon teams finished, the mortar team and 4 gunners finished, these went back into the box to wait for me to get around to The Boogers.


Arranged the 3 Centaur squads so each has a special weapon though I'm thinking of swapping the Escher flamer out to a guard of Orlock with a weapon and using h. er on the Krieg Centaur standing, mag locked boots on the bonnet, like the Douf Warrior flamer going. I do have a spare flamer I just don't have a spare Escher.







Overnight Trip To Glasgow to watch Batman being set up, as I wasn't hanging around all night watching bikes race down a street in the dark. 






After I got back from Glasgow I made a start on the Custodian I'd pulled out in the Wigan stores anniversary Winds of Fate contest.




Before I headed back to work on Sunday I got both of the Dorns built for this army, and made a start on painting the Panda. 





I was able to get most of the white section done.
I got a stack of stuff I need to get done thrust upon me when I got in to work, so didn't get anything done on Tuesday. 

No comments: