Monday 22 April 2013

Weekends WIP

So I've been promising myself that I'd get this unit upgraded from Power Armour, on the right, to the robed Veterans on the left. This is their reward for holding up a squad of Genestealers for 3 turns in close combat. Since that game I've picked up some of the Tomb King bits (I really like the swords in that army) and in there alongside all the other skele bits where 5 shields which I've given to this squad and are counts as Storm Shields when points costs allows, otherwise are just there for decoration. As most of the arms where only blu taced on this was a really easy job to get started on, the only hard work was getting the arms off the robed Marines, which wasn't that hard and swopping them and a couple of heads over. At the same time as this I was rooting out some plasma pistols as I'm planning on makeing the Power Armour unit into a Chosen Squad for my Fallen Angel Army. I've already made a start on this by swopping out khorne shoulder pads and arms for more Ravenwing ones and digging out some Autocannons, I've also gone into the box with The Glourios 1000 in and co-opted one of there Heavy Bloter Marines to make a 4th for that squad. The others are coming from the 8th assault Company and the spare squad I have knocking around to make up the 5 Marine Havoc Squad. I've got 30 Guard sorted out and I've got my Lord model for this army roughed up and I'm thinking of adding a Tactical Sqaud into the Troops section, just to give it some bite/backbone. And I might just use the model that was going to be for my 5th Company Chaplin as a Dark Apostel to give the PDF some more backbone. Also over the weekend I bought 2 of the Mordor Trolls off ebay as they will be forming the base of my Mutilator and Obliterator. I know one of these is on it's way to me now, the other I'm expecting to be posted later today. I am still looking for a couple of Ogres to padd those 2 sections of my army out as I just can't like the kits the GW have brought out fot those models. All in this army only comes to 2,600 someting points and as it stands now, 1 HQ, 3 Troops and 2 Fast Attacks it's still less than 1,00 points. Also looking at a flyer to use as a Helldrake but that is not going to come cheaply.

No comments: