Thursday 15 August 2019

Bikes, Tracks And The Wrong Footed Eddie

I made a start on the Conquest bikes this week, as well as this one which I'm using as a Sgt, I think it's a recast as it doesn't have the weight if a Forge World resin mini, it came in that big bag of bits I won on ebay.
So now just waiting on some scenic bases for this lot, so they're all on the same size base.
Also yesterday I was visited by a couple of post officers, one dropped the Kroot heads as well as the mk3 Iron Hands head I'd ordered at the weekend, I immediately tried this one as I really wanted to see how it looked, with and without the extra armour. I'm going to leave the front plate off on this one.
The second post man brought me Eddie, and I noticed that the person that had built it had made a mistake, they put the greaves and the feet on the wrong way round. It went into the freezer for a couple of hours which weakened the glue on the feet and the hips, but not the knees. I'm off to the shops after 8 to get my food for the next few nights at work and some detol to see if that will dissolve the glue on the knees and let me swop them round, and do the floor in my kitchen. While I was on Facebook yesterday I saw the post from Knight Models for the Year 2 Chamber of Secrets box, it's £115 but there's plenty of stuff in it, so will be going out after 9 to the bank to see how much I have in the savings account before I order that one.

No comments: