Saturday 15 July 2023

Celebrants Terminator Captain, Screaming Killer And Terminator Squad

I went down to Bolton yesterday and ended up mooching around the Market Hall and Crompton place and was once again blown away by the art on display. 






I got some advice on blending the contrast paints and brought them home to give it a go.




I mean it is just the same as blending layers, but with the different type of paint I was unsettled by it.





I definitely think I've done a cracking job on this guy. 


As I'm packing stuff away today I got the set up out and got a photo of the Terminator squad in front of it. This squad also takes me to 104 Line Terminators.



Lastly the screaming killer was photographed with the good set up.

I've packed away a lot of paint pots as well, just leaving what I need for the Phobos Lieutenant who I'm doing as a Blood Angel so the grey scale Tyranid plates will stand out, the Apothecary and the Sternguard squad.


This was the tester piece I got to practice the blending.



As I'm starting these today I thought it only sensible to get a baseline pic. I've got a walk planned for Tuesday and been told we're more 'on call' rather than on days off next week because of the work situation, I'm hoping to get most of these done, I'm starting the Phobos Lieutenant when I finish sharing this post.

There is one last thing I want to share from yesterday, a couple of the paintings on display in Bolton's Market Hall work for characters in the Rainbow Sparkle Power Friends, but I love all the ones I saw.


I saw this and with where I am in the story right now, Morven's hair being dyed about 2 weeks before this point, her roots are growing through and the henna is fading and she's wearing armour, this picture is currently my frame of reference for Morven.







And while I'm almost certain that this is Brad Pitt in Troy I'm happy to use this painting as a reference for Claire in her armour.

No comments: