Wednesday 12 July 2023

Monthly Vow 12th Of July To The 12th Of August.


 How did I do?

As my main target was The Lion I did get that finished the other things were left as I got pissed off with work.
I did put the Captain up for a vote and waited for an answer, the Sternguard, Lieutenant and Apothecary are built and I plan to batch the Sternguard and Apothecary as they're mostly the same process with a couple of extra steps for the Apothecary. 
The Librarian was built as well the Terminator squad and the Screaming Killer.

Goals For Next Month.

Apothecary, Librarian, Lieutenant and Sternguard for sure, I need some orange to finish the Captain off. I did get some red contrast paints to start the Blood Angels Dreadnoughts. Sounds like a reachable target.

Review Time








The Lion.
If you followed my progress you know how I did this with black and wet blending for the green highlights and silver edge work.
This really was an absolute delight to build and paint and I'd be happy to do another one to try and get a better finish.






All these got built the Sternguard, Lieutenant and Apothecary as they are on the same sprue, with the Captain getting a different paint scheme to everyone else as I'm 100% certain that Beliel will be getting a new mini when the Codex drops.







I started on the Captain after the vote was decided for the Celebrants Chapter.
I know I have the yellow down, and I'm sure I can get the orange to red sorted if I have a serviceable orange.
I started with averland sunset and the orange wash, with layers of yeril and flash git yellow. I hope I can get the orange to red sorted.



I put the Screaming Killer assembled and painted. I wanted something different than the Captain, and after watching a little bit of Centarworld and seeing the character afflicted with grey scale I wanted to have a crack at it with something that would look good with in greys. 




I'm looking forward getting the Captain finished so I can have these 2 face off with the good set up.




I was torn about doing the base I was hoping to to do the base Martian Iron Crust but it had dried up so I had to go with Sterland mud which leaves a couple of bits to do to match the stuff it's standing on to the base.





The last bit, not quite finished before I set off for work this morning even if I said they're finished, are the Terminator squad. All that is needed is a wash on the chest as I got the agrax earthshade wash on the base done before I set off, the Sergeant also has a bit of a touching up to do on the legs.

No comments: