Saturday 19 November 2011

Finecast Conversion

These past couple of weeks I've been working hard so haven't had the time to post that I wish I had (still don't have interweb at home yet) but I have had some time to play around with this Cryptek mini and have a bash at turning him into an Iron Warrior Sorcerer with the Wind of Chaos and a Fimilar with Doom Bolt.

Top Photo
First off I dug out the Kriss Empire Great Sword to use as his Force weapon, then I added a plasma pistol to the same hand, I'd tried it on the head but with the cowling around there it didn't want to fit without massive work on it.
2nd Photo
I them spent a long time with a Mutant arm, hollowing out the 'hand' so that one of the spare flamers from my Contemptor would fit in it. I cut that off at the elbow, and cut down the Cryptek arm to the same point as well and added the fuel tank to the forearm

3rd Photo
The Chaos Warrior head with Greenstuffed Cybernetics. The self built jump pack. I'd ordered a set of jump packs from GW Mail Order years ago now and got through the post 4 full kits on the spur and half a jump pack, this half has been knocking around my bits box for all that time , so I found a heavy looking power pack, this one is from the Khorne Berzerkers box, cut it down and added the worked on thruster and air intake and a fair amount of Green Stuff. The body is a basic Cryptek, with only the neck filed out the Necron symbols covered over/filed off and the left arm cut off at the elbow.

4th Photo
All the bits. I've since a single smoke launcher to the plasma pistol, using it as a marker light sight and added extra green stuff 'wires' to it as well. On the other hand I've added some mechandrite type worms to it.

His story is he was a major War Smith who when exposed to the warping powers of Chaos cut off the mutated extremites, this has become something of a psycosis with him and he is now more machine than man. He plays down his Sorcererous powers as tempremental weapons systems.

My next buy for this guy is a small micro machine toy to mount the 3 bolters for his Doombolt on, I changed plans on this one and put 3 bolters together, but with 6th edition and random powers this doesn't quite work any more.

No comments: