Thursday 7 June 2012

Zombie Truck



This is a toy Mitsubishi Truck that I picked up the other day to try and make into a counts as Attack Bike for my Ravenwing for the XIX Order(just finished reading The Primarchs, hence the change). I posted various photos onto the Adeptus Conversions page on Facebook asking what peopls thought and I got shot down, badly, but I carried on regardless as 1 person thought it was a good idea, and you should only listen to the positives. So I looked at teh truck when it had it's guns added and thought that that looks like one of the old Dark Future car, but bigger of course as Dark Future used the matchbox sized cars. So armed (ha) with these ideas I thought how can I still use this truck, I'm not throwing away £3! So I trwaled through my failed/unfinished project collection and found the old Thunderbird 2 I'd planned to use as a counts as Storm Raven and took the aluminium mesh out and cut it to fit the windows. I then used the last of the black spray paint to paint it black, I forgot to do the tail gate and the back of the inside.



When it was dry I wiped the wheels down as they where still tacky and painted the tail gate and tool chest black. I then dry brushed the wheel hubs, running boards and bull bars with Boltgun metal, before hunting down all the packs I've got in my bits box painting them up and gluing them to the back of the truck, I also added to jerry cans to the far side of this truck that you can't see from any of the photos. I've added a photo with all the Survivors as well as a photo with it gunned up as well, as I still like the look of that. I've gone as far as trying to get hold of a copy of Gorka Morka and run that with these cars and Zombies on the track, as the truck comes with a Mini on a trailer, I'm going to add mesh to the windows and let my youngest paint it up for her Character in the Zombie game.























No comments: