Wednesday 28 August 2013

Tank Time

The other week I won a Mk2 Predator kit on ebay, it came with the twin linked las cannon turret, all the bits and both the las cannon and heavy bolter sponons, and with the Baal Pattern that I already have that I had to put a Tiger turret I thought I can get 2 old school predators in my main army with little or no problems. The only problem I did have was all my mk1 Rhinos are in use so I had to find a mk1 on ebay and make sure I won it before I could begin, can't belive people still put these things up as rare, they where in production for years, they're not rare just oop. So once it arrived I removed the hatches and added the plates from the Predator kit, bit off fileing( take care when fileing old lead metal minis) and green stuffing to fill any holes and I was ready to spray
Filling with green stuff and turret on. Currently sprayed gloss black, will get it finished early next week.
The 2 predators I've been working on today, got the 2nd set of sponsons off and cleaned today will paint them up tomorrow along with the guns, 2 las-cannons and 2 heavy bolters and with the chaos pred I'll have an apoc Predator Assassin Formation.
The Lions Far Reaching Arm, tw las-cannon, and The Rage Of Calaban, tiger turret with scratch built auto cannon. 90% done, got the 2nd set of sponsons cleaned and painted the Arm is getting full las cannons and the Rage is getting the heavy bolters. Paint job wise I'm trying to get it so I can run the Chaos Pred in here in an Assassin Formation for any Apoc games, hence the red bolt and rivit heads onthe top and front plates. I'm going to finish off here and go home and put the sponsons together then I'm off to see my youngest as it's her birthday today and she's cooking tea tonight for all the family, I know she drops in every now and then so on the off chance she reads this today, Happy Birthday Case!

No comments: