Saturday 7 September 2013

LAW Team for The Glorious 1000

So over the week I started to paint up the missile team for The Glorious 1000 I had intended to paint them up in the chapter colours which was why I'd got out one of my heavy bolter team to remind me of the colours and which way round they are.
I was 3/4 of the way through painting one up in blazing orange after already painting them all in kharak stone when I thought about it for a second and thought wouldn't a heavy weapon team use camo? They stay put most of the time and fire from cover, I know I'd want to be camoed up in that situation.
So I had a look online thinking ambush predators, I orginally looked at tigers then thought of the Amur Leopard, an advert had just come on my TV about adopting one, I thought I'd give that look a go.
I know it's not brilliant but it is close to what I was aiming for, and on a table top it'll be fine.
And the full unit painted up in the same style, just need to dig their Sgt out to update his paint job and swop some of my heavy bolters round as I have 2 new ones in my First Founding Chapter and older style HB in the new chapter.

No comments: