Wednesday 11 September 2019

Monthly Vow, The 12th Of September To The 12th Of October

Well sort of. . . Its nearly time for the another Dread Filled Month and as a warm up for the October dreadnought fun I'm looking at the Typhus Contemptor(plastic), a First Legion Contemptor (resin), and an autocannon Deredo, before I touch those though there is a squad of DV Terminators to do. In a shift from my normal free wheeling and because of the goals I'm setting myself I've just had a break while I write out a plan through to the 12th of November. The plan for October the 1st to the 12th is the Calgar Redemptor, the Björn Contemptor, the Forge World DA, mortis, the White Scar dread and a Salamander Ironclad as plan A, after that it's October to November.
Review Time
First up in the picture log are the Scouts but that's more because I carried those photos over from last month not because I started them.
I did do the bolt guns , shotguns and bolt pistol scouts but not at the beginning of the month vow.
I worked on this for a while before leaving it for the October dreadnought fun.
I had bought some bikes and the first lot of the Conquest bikes arrived and with the couple of bikes that had come in the mass of dreadnoughts I'd picked up last month I was able to make 3 squads of bikers just need a couple of legs to finish the last squad. For this squad I swopped over the Sgt from an old conversion, the Akira pose, and put that one on the new base size and the Outrider bike, the robed Sgt went on the old bike and I swopped it's base as well from the 60mm to the old style bike base.
The Deredo was a lucky find on ebay when it arrived I saw the feet and shind had been fitted the wrong way round so it went in the freezer for a bit, I'm not sure what brand of glue they used but I was only able to get the feet off and the waist broke off as well which made it a bit easier, the legs then went into disinfectant to see if that would break the bonds but it was stuck fast.
As I'd liked how the heavy bolters looked on the Math, son of Mathonway, I picked up a few heavy bolters and dug the metal Furioso dread for a bath, it went into a bag of disinfectant which left a black sticky mess on the mini which took a new electric tooth brush to clean up. I altered the colours a little from the orginal troll slayer orange and screaming skull to wild rider red and Deepkin Flesh and swopped the colours round and the Storm Talon got the same touch up as well.
The first lot of scouts got started, the bolt pistols and knives squad with missile launchers, one is a standard launcher and the other is ripped from a space Crusade mini.
One scout was given a green stuff cloak and sniper rifle, and put in the box to wait for the rest of the snipers from Conquest.
The next squadron of Land Speeders got done as well. I think this kit needs replacing as it's showing its age now, which when compared to the older bikes and dreadnoughts is a shame.
I was going to add this as a Talon Master but it was just too rough for me to use.
The Boltstorm Aggressors got reassigned to The Lion's Blades.
As did a squad of Reivers.
I had bought this one to use as the base for the Typhus Contemptor but it looks to nice to butcher in that manner so as a nice little break I painted it up in the correct colours for The Iron Warriors.
As the Deredo didn't come with the missile pod I've been looking for some to use as the passive.
And lastly I made a start on a plastic Contemptor that is the base for the Typhus Contemptor.

No comments: