Saturday 31 December 2022

Review Post 2022

Okay obviously need to go and check how badly I missed my goals for this year before I can go forward, but giving up because my head set broke in September and I knew I could get the kids to buy me a new one is a good reason, and I got so much done on the story.

BRB

Well, seeing as The Imperium is into issue 74 with content announced and still no ATV that's a 2023 to do, as to extra marines, that didn't happen either because of the company not realising how popular this was going to be, and getting copies to my local shop just stopped. So I resorted to buying online and got most of the Sisters of Battle, slightly upset I missed the sprue with the 3 Aggressors and blade Guard and the officers though. That would have been great to get. Not entirely sure if I sent one to Japan or not, will have to double check with my mate over there if he's got it.

Plans For 2023.

My new head set is down stairs, awaiting some fresh triple A batteries, but my current flu struggle means no jumping straight in to it.

The Lion's Blades. 

Well there are 3 more bikes and the ATVs I'm waiting for as well as a Blade Guard Veterans Squad, need to get the First Company out for a check, and the plastic Azrael and The Lion when/if they are released. I have a ticket to Warhammer Fest on my Birthday, I'm just hoping something big is available there. The Scorpius missile tank have been released, I would like to add one, as this will give me 2 mk2 metal Whirlwinds and a Scorpius tank as Squadron Commander. There is also rumors of a new Dreadnought type which you should know I'm up for.

April 16th Update. 

After going through the 1st Company box when I finished the Indomitus Terminators from the Soul Forge King box and a Tartarus Squad from the Armies on Parade Dreadnoughts board I found I had 75 Terminators in various types of armour and 15 Blade Guard Veterans with a squad of 6 planned, which takes me up to 96, the plan is to get The Lion and Blade Guard Retinue, get a box of the Heresy Indomitus pattern Terminators and a 10th Edition starter box to get 1 squad of the new Terminators to get me up to 106 plus officers. The Strike Master needs working on, as well as adding a Primaris Lieutenant with shield and potentially the new Primaris Beliel, and dream is the the Retinue makes 109.



Harlequins. 

Nothing major planned, I've picked up the Shadow Kin from War Cry that I intend to add to various troupes to give a bit of variation and of course, another White Queen Solitaire.

Necromunda 

That campaign died a death, like most of my Enforcers, but I do still have that tank to paint. 

No plans for Armies on Parade 

No plans for new year, new army. 

Random/Blue Sky Thinking/Feeling Loaded 

This is the expensive, unlikely to happen bit, so really don't expect this to happen unless I get a massive pay rise. 

I'd love to get 2 plastic Spartans and a plastic Protius Land Raider and a Knight of some sort to add to the small ones I've got boxed up still. 


REVIEW OF 2022 


January to Feb 12th 



A nice little diorama around negotiations between a belligerent Astartes and Aloof Aeldari, that came about from a painting prompt from a mate on line.

February to March


When we went down to Warhammer World in 2021 one of my plastic Land Speeders had crunched and shook itself apart in the battle. I picked up a relic to replace it. I took possession of a Storm Speeder and I loved, it's a great kit to build and paint, I just have no idea about using it as it's expensive in points. 
The Imperium series dropped the Necron Chronomancer and I used that to build Pakal The Great to square off against one of the Action Ezikael's I'd put together. Of course this meant Action Ezikael got a new head. Primaris Beliel finally got done and I started a Deathwing Squad as well as the plastic Meugan Ra 


I had to dig the photo of the new one next to the old one out and honestly I do like both. 

March To April 


No free time this month, I got the Enforcers built and the Terminators built but put away somewhere and only ended up getting Sheila finished.

April To May


I found the missing Enforcers and Terminators as we took delivery of a load of furniture around this time and were folding 3 rooms worth of furniture into 2 rooms around doing little hobby and a hostile work environment.

The Enforcers got done for a Necromunda campaign, and like the crew of Red Dwarf, everybody was dead by game 3.

The Terminators got done and put away, need to check the box see what I have for my first company.

Lastly was one from We Print Miniatures, which was originally planned to be for my youngest but I kept it, she started out as Helena Hans Basquiet, but ended up as Ricci Sharp. 

The Ash Waste Orlocks quad bikes and sprues got primed. 


May To June


I got a new photo set up sorted and was finally struck low by Covid, although this flu I'm suffering with now is worse.

The first thing I did was finish the Watcher In The Dark and checking it out with the Deathwing Terminators and Deathwing Knights.

The second of the We Print Miniatures Junk Girl was painted how my youngest had wanted. 

The 2 quad bikes got done as did all the bases for the Orlocks.

And lastly the Enforcers got finished off to their 1000 credit point. 

June To July 


Another one that didn't see much done, We Print Miniatures Mechanic Girl was used as Jet Girl for the Orlocks.

The pilot was a Ukraine relief mini from Victoria Miniatures that I'd kind of hoped to use in the Enforcers but is true 28mm scale so is a bit small, but is lovely.

And the last one for this month was the Forge World Serverlan mini. 

July To August. 



The Cannoness, Jet Girl, Bruce and her cyber mastiff got finished. I've had a Kal Jericho mini for ages, I decided to add this to my Enforcers. The rest of the Orlocks were assembled and painted. 
The big Sister was painted for a client for her birthday. 
The tank still needs painting, I'm thinking of painting it for the Necromunda 8th Regiment. 



August To September 

Didn't get anything done as 2 adult kids milled around the house all summer long. 


September To October



The last thing I got done this year was before my head set packed up was the Nundamn of Morvenn Vahl. I know I say it a lot but I like this kit, the instructions could have been better for the legs, but once I worked those out it was a nice kit to build.

So that's what I got built this year, but with taking both my adult daughters in and furniture for them hasn't left a lot of room in the house, and 2 series illnesses haven't been conducive to hobby work.

Hopefully in 2023 I can find a better balance. 

No comments: