Tuesday 2 July 2013

First Weekend Off In Over A Month

So I finially got a ,nearly a full, Friday, Saturday and Sunday off together for the first time since May and I took advantage of it. Over the course of that week I'd recieved a few items off ebay, notable 3 Chucks and the components for my new Company Commander and the Deathwing Knight Shields and Maces and so no friday I stripped the paint off the old metal dreads and on Saturday I got to playing around with the chassis and having a look at these old fellas and how best to make them up into my Deathwing Knight Squad and trying to work out which shoulder pads to go with, still torn between the Forge World DA pads or the Cataphractii style. As it turned out I've altered the minis a little I've pulled the long legs off the model they where on and added them to a wide bodied version that I had as I'm making this my Knight Master, I'm luck in that the of the other 4 only one has the wide body so it won't stick out to much. i pretty much left that project for now as I wanted to get onto the new Company Commander for the The Lions Blades.
So I was between pressing issues at work and having a browse on ebay when I came across a seller selling loads of component bits, I trawled all the way through his listing and bought all the bits to make my Commander, MK4 Destroyer Bolt Pistol are and Body, MK2 Comms officer head, MK3 Pwoer Pack and a Bionic arm, one shoulder pad came from the bits box the other came from the DA Veterans box. The plasma Pstol has also been dragged up from the bits box but I might now change this one for the Forge World Plasma Pistol I do already have on another model, just ot give a better impression of the aged nature of the equpiment. First photo is just base coated Abbadon Black
Next photo is with a 2nd coat of black and the Screaming Skull added to the model
And lastly I've the finished model with a double bladed sword next to one of the conversions for the Obliterators for the Y Geiriadur. this model has had teh Lascannon from one of the old Chucks green stuffed to his shoulder, the oter 2 have 2 old plastyic shoulder mounted Guard Las cannons on their shoulders

No comments: