Wednesday 13 February 2019

Monthly Vow, 12th of February To The 12th Of March

Err, not sure what I'm going to be doing next month now I've decided to go with the dreads in March, my wage is not great for February I'm actually under hours for the first time in years. For now I have 2 Warhounds and a Terminator to paint, once the bills are out of the way I'll might see if I can afford a box of the new AT Knights to add to House Lancaster. After that I m thinking of reading a book or 2 as I've not really read for a while. I know I have 6 Intercessors and Hellblasters that I'm planning on painting, but I'm leaving those until the Sgt sprue is released with Conquest.
REVIEW TIME
Started off with building the 3 Conquest sprues of Inceptors, Intercessors and Hellblasters, again these guys are now on hold until the Sgt sprue lands as the last sprue, to finish these isn't until close to the end. I'll be tempted to cancel my subscription when we've got that one and just buy from my local paper shop, I also rebased the relic assassin on a 32mm base and the Terminator with lightening claws counts as.
Next up was the 3 Inceptors, with these I've now got 2 full squads of 6 for the Hounds.
The old dudes got a bath, these will be built in March as Boltstorm Aggressors and there will be some moving around so there's one squad with long legs and one squad with short legs.
I then spent a while playing with the dremmel cutting down the flamers for this conversion.
And magnetiseing this, I just wish I had some autocannons I could cut down as well. . .
Then it was onto the Primaris Lieutenant and Master in Gravis Armour, both touched up black for this year's Primaris project. I didn't repaint the cloak as I actually like how this one looked first time.
Next up was the really old metal Librarian in Terminator Armour for the Primaris Company, and the Wargameexclusive.com Cypherella mini for the chaos project.
After those 2 it was on with the spares from the Aggressors box although spares is a bit much why it's a full 3 Astartes squad, as I already had plenty for the Hounds and The Lion's Blades, these are painted for the Star Leopards chapter. Before I finished the squad I started messing around with a dreadnought again.
This one is for the 30k Dreadnought army and will be painted for The Death Guard during March's Dread Filled Month.
I then went back and finished off the flamestorm Aggressors for the Star Leopards chapter.
By which point my subscription package had arrived and I was able to make up the 6 Reivers, I concentrated on the squad of 5 for the first night, but on the 2nd night I did the second sergeant in the Leopards colours just to see how it would look.
Before getting the squad finished bar the bases and squad markings, but I wanted to make sure that this 5 will match the other 5 I already have. The bases have got a coat of astroganite and are just waiting for a wash of agrax earthshade and dawnstone highlights. I'll be adding a full photo of this army when the next squad of 3 boltstorm Aggressors is finished, it will also be the first photo in the 2019 end of the line album on the Poxy Proxy Facebook page.

1 comment:

Siph_Horridus said...

Looking forward to seeing those Dreads as Boltstorm Aggressors, nice. I have one reserved for the next Dreadtober in October, (yes planning ahead) and currently busy with Squaduary with Skitarii, and the slow Warlord progress before June deadline...