Tuesday 10 August 2021

Monthly Vow 12th Of August To The 12th Of September


 Monthly Vow is a little early but I'm calling it done for this month, yes I didn't get some things done and that was 100% me, I'd got myself in the mind set to paint The Lion and when that mis-cast was found I just didn't really have it on me to do anything other than wait.

So for August to September I'm thinking the Heavy Intercessors at last. 

The Conquest series starts this period, so will look to convert the Lord from that into the 4 armed Necron Lord.

There is still the boxed Helbrute to buy for the Dornian Heresy Time Line Björns (edit) and the Space Wolf Psyker Hunter Reiver box. 

I need to find the Blood Bowl team as well so I can start that next time out for the youngest. 

Review Time. 



The Thousand Sons Björn got his colours, the yellow was started off with an Averland Sunset base, next was a yriel yellow layer with a Crimson wash, then a flash git yellow layer with an orange wash, and a highlight of flash git yellow. 



The blue had a base of Thousand Sons blue and a temple guard blue layer. 

The fur had the contrast skin colour coat and a light brown highlight. 

The front plate was detailed. 



The gold was added to everyone as well. I was really happy with how this little trail went.

Oh yeah, I'd said I'd like to get the Reviers Squad and paint them in these colours, need to add that to the above list of things to do.




After trying the apothecary white contrast on the above marines, I said I'd like to see how this looked on an actual metallic looking mini.

I stripped it and washed it, and had a house smelling of detol...

I primed the Iron Warrior Contemptor, then gave it an Ushabati bone base coat before going over that with the Stormhost silver. I forget which way round I did the apothecary white contrast and the seraphim sepia wash on this one.


There was a tiny bit of detail work done. I think this is rather a good bare metal look.




The recesses got a couple of nuln oil washes.

If the rumored Heresy box set is coming I might paint it in Iron Warriors colours.




I finally worked up the courage to start painting The Lion...

The Lion shoulder had a coat of Black Templar contrast over the ushabati bone base coat. The angle wings got a seraphim sepia wash.


The cloak was already done.


The mis-cast piece that caused the block. 


The black armour was contrast black, any green was Coelia Greenshade wash. 




The mini X-wing was done for a client at work. That R 2 unit was tiny... I didn't want to run the risk with the blues as you won't see any of the body in the socket.




The head got the contrast flesh paint, the hair had a yriel yellow coat, a Reikland flesh wash, a yriel yellow highlight and then a flash git yellow highlight. A lot of effort for a head I'll not be using...


Trying to remember who the artist was that painted machines as creatures, but I couldn't but help see the X-wing as bird like this.


I found a pair of twin auto cannons on ebay, that came with a dread that I used for a spare pair.


The dread itself I have zero plans for the. I painted this one with Corvus Black and Iron Warriors metallic as a tester for the Necron colours, the idea being any repairs are going to be painted with the gold, influenced by the traditional Japanese style of repairs, I did ask the guy buying the Imperium magazines off me and he assured me it's not cultural appropriation.


I still need to refine my ideas on this.




I tried a rough fit on The Lion.



I got a game in! And I won! Well was on the winning side. Was nicely surprised by how well the Ravenwing worked and could add to this next year, handily the Imperium magazine will be giving us Invaders and bikes for this. 


Another one for work. 

Come to the Dark Side, the only thing thinner than the thin crust pizza is the health and safety regulations! 

Actually the trench swing and retractable bridge set for lego Star Wars. 

But that really does look like a pizza oven to me. 


I'm really impressed by the helmets on the TK units. 





Nice thing to build. 


Put wood in't hole. 



I have bought Liea a purple Light Saber, I've just not at that location until the weekend.



A nice afternoon getting paid to build a lego kit.

I was still waiting for the part for the Lion while this was going on.





The replacement murder mitten arrived and on a day off! Wash and primed, ushabati bone base coat, seraphim sepia wash on the claws, 2 coats, followed by an ushabati bone highlight. The fur was given 3 coats of nuln oil wash.




And roughed up at long last.

Really not sure if I am going to use the display base or look at using that vulkite elsewhere...


No comments: