Tuesday 12 October 2021

Monthly Vow 12th Of October To The 12th Of November 2021

 I think I actually did it, or the majority of it, let me check... 

Okay it was a small list, definitely smashed it though. 

For next month the War Cry miniatures are going to be finished for the Harlequins, already started on 1 of those, there's the game at Warhammer World next weekend so will check the coin jar and see about picking up the Argal Tal for yet another Björn. 

I'm also going to build the Necromantic Horror team for my youngest, and she will be painting that herself. 

And of course Imperium rolls on, no I've not kept the captain as a mate has a really good idea for that in his Legion of the Damned army, and we'd already agreed on the Aggressors. 

Review Time. 




Starting off with my options for Halloween Masks... 




There was progress aplenty on the Björn. I really like how the wolf on the heraldry plates came out with the Iron Warriors metallic as a base. 



Weapons a plenty as well as fur were painted. 


And what I think will be the prime version got all the claws.




The fur got finished, as did the weapons options. Still hate how much trim is on this dread.


Was trying to remember why there was a pic of the High Marshal Halbrecht conversion then I remembered it was because there's a new Primaris version of him out now/soon as and I was saying I prefer mine.

 



The next Björn got started, but I need a break from the focus these conversations require, and I went out and was stupid and bought 3 copies of issue 1, 3 copies of issue 2 and 2 copies of issue 3 of Imperium, giving me enough to add a whole other squad of Blade Guard Veterans made using the Lieutenants, 9 warriors and 6 Assault Intercessors. 

The Necrons went into the Tomb World box, pistol arms were swopped around, a knee pad was lost and I had a Veteran Assault Intercessors squad and a Blade Guard Veterans squad built. 


Painting was first the much bounced Heavy Intercessors 

Some attempt was made to hide the embossed Ultramarines shoulder pad on these guy, and once the black was done they got put aside so I could add the bone later. 




The Blade Guard Veterans got finished first. 



I was sure I'd done more on these bone. 





(eye rolls) FINALLY (/end eye rolls) got them finished. 




I took these to remind me of which mini ie what in this box, apart from the War Dancer on the Doom Fire Warlock, that's a Death Jester... I just hadn't got it finalised which Jester I was going to replace at this point. 




Primed sprues for the War Cry and Blood Bowl stuff. 



Then started the Duela Dent mini, I went through a few arm options for her before settling on the straight sword. I posted it in a Harlequin group on Facebook and got the usual dismissive comments of I don't see it. 



Ushabati bone base coat and 4 coats of Coelia Greenshade later. 


Paused here, and was pretty much at work for 3 days anyway, while I waited for the Druichii Violet wash to arrive. 





I'm glad I did as that looked so much better with a more natural depth than nuln oil would have given it. 

High lights and ushabati bone on the coat clasps and other bits like the belts and goggles on the hat. 



High lights on the coat and a bit of madness round the mouth and The Grand Masque of The Breaking Dawn had a new Troup Master, which I promptly dropped and broke the fingers off that are holding the cards. Oh how I turned the air blue...


Missing one Death Jester but as that is my favourite sculpt I'm not bouncing him. I have chosen to paint the Death Jester for the Grey Angels Troupe, the old metal Jester will be replaced by either the grey one or I'll see if I can find the Las cannon armes guys from the Raider box, strip one of those and use that, just need to remember which Troupes are in that Masque.


A reminder of what the solitaires colour palette is. 



Started off with black templar contrast, then corvus black. 




Then mechanicus grey, dawn stone (note to self buy dawn stone while in Nottingham) and then celestial grey highlights on the cloak while I also checked out what DC's Azrael looked like while he was playing at being Batman to see what I could paint yellow and blue, which took me up to bed time last night. 

No comments: