Tuesday 7 March 2023

2 Dreads And 2nd Spartan


I decided first thing to paint the Word Barers mk4 dread in bone colours and flames this morning, and got the Flamestorm Cannons on it when it. 





The flames on the hull had a coat of flash git yellow, a wash of fuegan orange and then a wash of carroburg Crimson with a dry brush highlight of flash git yellow to pick out the edges of the flames.




Second up was the Grey Knight Dreadnought that I'd originally painted as an Ultramarines dread. 



I got a few Dark Angels icons on it and an edge highlight of corvus black and mechanicus standard grey. The shield will get some heraldry if /when I get this on a table.




After I'd got the dreads finished and I rage quit the Calaus boss fight in Light Fall, and got some shopping done for tea tonight, I started the second, new on sprue Spartan. I had a couple of problems with the build, this is probably a me issue. I found the track assembly rather relaxing, as were the quad Las cannons.

Yes I would be happy to buy and build one of the B F G versions of the plastic Spartan. It's overall an okay build, just the body needing a larger connections on the body. 

No comments: