Sunday 12 March 2023

Monthly Vow 12th Of Feb To The 12th Of March.


 

Well looks like I smashed the target this month by 2 dreads!
Whats the goal for next month? 
I'm going halves on the Ark of Omens box with Dark Angels under Siege from the forces of Chaos, so there is a squad of Primaris, a squad of Terminators and a plastic Azrael, need to find the green wash for his robes, there's the strike force box with its brutalis redemptor fat Albert, the desolation marines and 5 heavy Intercessors and I have 5 Tartarus Terminators to repaint for my 1st Company. I'll be happy if I get half of that done and delighted if I can get all 35 marines and Azrael finished, I did promise the dread to a mate and I need to check if my mate in Japan wants the Lieutenant from the strike force box.

REVIEW TIME. 
I was left in a good place last month with lots assembled. 





Everything was sort of done all at once this month, the first ones finished were the Cataphractii Terminators. Never having done a resin squad I can't compare, but these are a nice, easy build. 






The plastic Contemptor dreads. Again nice to build, would have preferred the company had kept the elbows the same but I suppose they have to sell the plastic weapons as well. I like them and will be adding a third one when the resin DA body gets released.








The Scorpius Missile Tank. Its a Rhino with a fancy hat. The mk2 Rhino is an old kit anyway and it had been a long time since I last put one together, there were a couple of issues but I think that that was more me priming and base costing on the sprue. Not that you can notice. I do like the launcher. 


And before I put it away I got a photo of it with its squadron. 






Blue sky/feeling flush with cash part 1.
Had a message from one of my game group pointing out a squad of Cataphractii Terminators, a Spartan and 20 marines for sale cheap. I picked up the Cataphractii and the Spartan for 58 quid. It was already built when I got it which gave me a couple of problems with painting, but once done you only see them if you go looking. 








Blue sky/feeling flush with cash part 2.
Next up was the second Spartan, this one new on sprue, prime and base coated a good 6ish hours assembly time and I didn't time myself on painting and I have a squadron of these.


I am thinking of adding a Thypon heavy seige tank as well, just because I enjoyed the build, but I really love my squadron of Spartans. 




I repainted Tinderwolf, giving him an upgrade with the Word Barers mk4 dread. 



And lastly there's the Grey Knight dread which had been a Heresy era Ultramarines dread, the icons got changed and the Dark Angels shin armour was added but that was all that was done. I'm not 100% sure but I still think I need at least 1 more Dreadnought building, will have to check my list. 
Target achivied and beaten and a stretch goal reached as well in month 2!

No comments: