Tuesday 22 October 2013

Project M, WITH PHOTOS! And Boobs!

Okay no boobs, but I know what you gamers are like, as I am one. So after first reading about the Mastodon in the Iron Hands story and Fear To Tread I really wanted one, bnut as of yet the only options were to commission someone to make it or make my own and no matter how close I worked with someone it would still be how they see it not how I see it.
So these photos are a little mixed up here but overall this top pic is the current state of play as I have it now. The ATST head is on it's back the Leman Russ has been taken apart and the bits that are most easily used are already fitted to the head. I had to cut the guns that came with ATST off the side of the head and the spindle mounts as well to get the sponsons to fit onto the plates, I added the skull "head lights" from the Nephilim Jet Fighter to the top of this and a smoke launcher in the middle, these are all blu tacked on for now (note to self- need super glue), and of course blu tacked the track sections on the side as well, with the head tapering inwards/ downwards I'm going to have to put a spacer in there, but this helps as I'm planning on
having an exhaust stack on the back of each one of these and a radiator on top to suggest independent drive. I had at first put the track sections on the right way round but I tried turning them round and seeing how that looked, it kind of reminded me of the Sicaran tank from Forge World, although I think the Sicaran has more slope to the tracks than a Russ does. The pilot came from the Nephilim Jet Fighter box, as I didn't make the pilot with a pair of legs I had spare in my bits box. I've mounted him in the gap where the chin turret was, this was in no way inspired by the Lord of the Rings Ollipont Riders.
If GW/Forge World ever do make an official version of the Mastodon I expect it to have at the core of it this guy.
This is Bladrick the Servitor and my Tech Lord Perr Cey for The Lions Blades Yes I may have lied about the boobs
And the other day we had this weird cloud formation over my town.

No comments: