Tuesday 18 February 2014

The Saber and Saber Tusk

So 90+ at work last week and 1 day off, bet you thought I'd only got the ladies done? Nope I spent most of the time after I finished work on Saturday making a Pup Rhino that I'd won on ebay into a Saber, the other build you could make when you had assembled the orginal Spartan Assault Transport.

The Rhino had 2 of the accessory crates on the front, these I cut off, saving one to use as a mount for the Auto Cannon, I glued a magnet inside the box and then glued the box to the front. The cannon had some green stuff put on the back and a small magnet was inserted in there to make for safer transport. While I was doing this I thought that although I had made the Saber there where no rules to allow me to put it out on the table, so I had a look at the left overs I had knocking around and found the Las Cannon off the Russ that was used on the Mastodon, I cut the gun off the barrel, finessed the resulting edge down with a file and with dome green stuff put a magnet in there. Rule wise I intend to use this as twin linked Las Cannon Razorback, I added the plauge Zombie head as a servo skull to allow for twin linking. After I'd sorted that out I added the cannon off an old Dark Eldar Jet Bike to the top of the Las Cannon and I'm calling that the Las Cannon Twin Linked Plasma Gun Razorback. While I was building this, and I'm going to be rooting for an Assault Cannon and Heavy Flamer to give all options here, I was thinking of naming it, my first thought was Saber Back to denote the cross over of the styles of tank but then I thought what the hell, the single gun looks like a tusk, so call it a Saber Tusk.

No comments: