Sunday 9 February 2014

Knights Of Blood Furioso Librarian Dreadnought Latest

Long hours and dark nights do not make for much paint time. I got home last night to cook, eat, tiny bit of painting and sleep. Also today is hump day for me, if you are still one of the lucky ones that works Monday to Friday enjoy it. As I have a 2pm start I can touch up what I did last night, which was to give the recessess a light blue wash and some power cables too, I'll either dry brush black and leadbleacher or scarlett depending on location. Next step is detailing, I'll do the Aquila on the chest and the arches around the head in brass and pick out the optic and cables as I washed that with blue as well. I also mixed some blue up to denote Librarian status on the dread and applied that to the front piece and helmet. I'm not sure about the wings on the sides, was attempting an eagle look again with this (continuaitity with my Astoroth and any future Sanguinairy Guard), not sure if I got the look but I spent very little actual time on it. Paint wise it's nearly finished just a couple of more steps, and assembly has begun, engine, back quarter and arm bar together, legs and shin guards together, shield back on power fist. Only have the curved chest plate to put onto the front slab and then glue that to the rest of the upper hull. Next up Medic and Esme.
Upgrades
Couple of those to report, one planned one actual: Planned- I like the head I have on my Seth counts as but when I saw Khârn The Bloody I knew I was buying it, with little work I can make him my new counts as Seth, (just not this month). It'd be an act of vandalism to alter it but I'll not let that stop me and it's also an excuse to put Khârn The Bloody up again.
Actual- With the change in location of where I work I lost wi-fi, and was using massivley more credit so I've gone onto an all you can eat data contract for only £1 more than I used to pay Orange/EE for pay as you go. So unlimited data means more updates, just not sure about content yet...

No comments: