Saturday 17 July 2021

Björn Of The Thousand Sons


 Leaving them alone now...

I had pulled the Thousand Sons dread out of the box it was in and decided to strip it and repaint it as I knew I could do a better job on it now.

After a false start where it got stripped again I started with an ushabati bone base coat, then stormhost silver, followed by a seraphim sepia wash. I'd also painted a test piece Intercessors at the same time. The original plan had been to try the Apothecary white contrast, which led to me redoing the Iron Warriors dread again, to see how that would look, as the test on the power pack had looked more metallic and a lot less white than I had hoped. I went and had a rethink and tried the thinned pallid wytch flesh again which worked a lot better with the metallic base. I went over that with a dry brush of Pallid Wytch Flesh and then a light dry brush of stormhost silver.

The yellow went over the ushabati bone base coat, I gave it an Averland Sunset base, then a Carroburg Crimson wash, a layer of yriel yellow, then a Fuegan Orange wash, then a highlight of flash git yellow.

The blue shoulder had a Thousand Sons blue base with a Seraphim sepia wash then went over that with a dry brush of thousand sons blue, then a highlight of Templar Guard blue.

Gold was a retributor gold base, a reikland flesh wash a highlight layer of the lighter gold, then an edge highlight with the stormhost silver.



The iron warriors Contemptor got done in nearly a day, stripped first thing, washed, dryed and primed, ushabati bone base coat, stormhost silver coat and a seraphim sepia wash before going over that with the Apothecary white contrast.

Today I've added some nuln oil wash in some areas and some temple guard blue on some of those lenses.


No comments: