Thursday 22 November 2012

Stormtalon

So I won the Stormtalon on ebay, paying about as much as if I'd gone to Wayland Games and bought the thing new from them... speaking of which, got to email my Dad. Christmas presents requsted now back to the blog. Like I said I won this one on Ebay and picked it up from the post office on Tuesday morning, I set to work straight away. The left Las Cannon cowl had broken off in transit so I had to glue that back on first.
I then broke the paint out. I didn't give this one a yellow undercoat as I thought I could get away with using the red as my basecoat. I tried to keep away from the engines and the wing ball joint as whoever had done these first had done a good job, and being lazy I'm not going to do anything I can don't have to. I painted most of the body Blazing Orange, leaving a few areas that I was going to paint with the Karak Stone as I'd run out of Kommando Kharki.
So I let the orange dry and went out and did some shopping in town then came back and cracked open the Karak Stone and tried that out, got to say that it covers better than Kommando Kharki ever did one coat was enough, if I'd been using Kharki it would have to have been 2 coats. Got to say I am liking the new colours that I've used so far from GW
So I went and did something else again while the Stone dried and then gave it a wash with Nuln Oil.
After that had dried I spent a couple of hours dry brushing over orange over the whole orange section to get it back to where it had been before the wash. I also dry brushed the Stone areas as well, and added the Cross Potent to the tail boom on both sides and to a cover hatch on the side behind the cockpit. At the moment this Stormtalon dosen't have a name, with the Glorious 1000 being a new Chapter, 748,M41 26th Founding they are only going to name their vehicals when they have proven themselves in battle. And this one hasn't seen any action yet

No comments: