Wednesday 9 February 2022

Monthly Vow 1st Of January To The 12th Of February 2022

 



Not sure how well I've done with targets, need to go and check.


Total different objectives achieved than what I had "originally" intended to do.

So next month as long as get more than 4 days off work like I've had since January the first, a mate dropped off one of the new land speeders, so I'll do that alongside the metal land speeder I have stripped, these will be for the Lion's Blades 2nd Company, I'm also going to use the Necron character that arrived with the Imperium series as the base for the 4 armed cyber warrior, for which I need to dig out the mechanicus warriors for the swords. Based on current outlook those 3 are plenty to aim for.

My game group is starting a Necromunder campaign, I'm getting the Palantine Enforces, this isn't something I'll aim for for March as my plan is to order the base box, book and Aeldari Codex together and there's no date for the Codex yet. Thinking the Corvus black and blues as highlights. And if the Ash waste expansion has vehicles they'll be the same force, depending on what the Enforcers get options on.

Review Time

I started January with a small challenge / test from an online mate of mine.

"You'll notice the maplewood finish I've given the tanks:


Reddy brown? I have a Dreadnought spare, no tanks though. 


 Oiled bronze armor


Brass Scorpion and nuln oil should be close enough


 with spruce capes.

Dark angle green, or 4 or 5 washes with Coelia Greenshade. 


 Goldenrod highlights


Several shades of gold 


. The Eldar 


No spare Eldar... 


 puce 

Pink horror


and seafoam cloaks, 

Green Sea, blue sea or grey sea foam? 


and yellowed ivory for highlights


That one is no problem at all


 Their armor and ships carry forth the theme with a pearlescent cream color."

That one is going to need some researching


"Pine cones, needles, and cranberry cream candles provide an inviting yet intimate field upon which the armies meet."


And pleading infirm eyes to actually make candels and pine cones to scale. 


@Poxy Proxy Predator, paint that!


Just need some Eldar and promised to pack up my paints till new year.


Probably be some repainted first born marines as well"


I bought a Farseer and some metal  Rangers and the Ranger from Blackstone Fortress for this, I also picked up another Primaris Lieutenant to paint as well, and having no tanks spare I used a Dreadnought.


I did all the Aeldari in one batch with the pink horror armour and 2 different bases of grey on the cloaks, the Farseer had both lighter the inner robe and darker on the outer robe, weapons were all ushabati bone, seraphim sepia wash and screaming skull highlights. Belts are all agrax earthshade leather process.


The runes on the Farseer had a final highlight of Pallid Wytch Flesh. 





The shield was pretty much a test piece for the Lieutenant and the Dreadnought with a balor brown base and reikland flesh wash, I got some suggestions for highlights from Preston Warhammer store, but that was more for the dread, the brass had the brass base and a brass layer and a highlight of Cynoptek alloy.




The armour had the same layers as the shield, I forgot it was supposed to be oiled brass and so used the Reikland flesh wash instead of the nuln oil. Not that I'm ever planning on building a Minatour Army but I'd be okay using this.





The dread had a base coat of Belor brown with a reikland flesh wash on, then a Zandar dust layer, then an ushabati bone highlight. Yes that did feel strange to be finishing with ushabati bone.
Any brass sections had the same process as the other brass bits and I used green as a contrast colour. 
Hopefully, even with Witch Queen released for Destiny 2 on the 22nd I can get a bit more painted next month. Yes I know this is 3 days early but I'm on nights till Friday morning and doubt I'll be doing anything requiring fine motor control on Friday as I'll be pretty much a zombie 

No comments: